CLEAN. GREEN. FRESH. DAILY. DAIRY-FREE. BEAUTIFUL. FOOD.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Apple & Porcini Stuffed Pork Loin with Roasted Apples

When I received my latest Bon Appetit magazine a beautiful looking Proscuitto-Wrapped Pork Loin with Roasted Apples graced the cover.  I have been cooking lately for a client who enjoys pork dishes so I thought I would give it a try.  It was fun to make and turned out beautifully!  The stuffing was sensational, the kale wrapping the stuffing not only added a boost of nutrients but gave it a festive flair, and the roasted apples were the perfect sweet accompaniment for the pork.  Definitely a keeper for your next entertaining occasion.

The pork loin I got from Whole Foods had a nice layer of fat on top so I decided to skip the proscuitto wrapping and scored the fat instead for a pretty look.  I also couldn't find hard cider so I used martinelli's apple juice and some white wine instead.  Click here so see the entire recipe.


Wrapped and ready to go
    
Pan searing all sides...barely fit in my pan!


Before the roast.....

.......after the roast
Side shot of the finished roast pork

Beautiful!  The Kale adds such nice color.



No comments: